re-orging plasma-mobile repository

Stefan Werden Stefan.Werden at open-slx.de
Wed Jul 13 12:05:44 CEST 2011

Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> hat am 11. Juli 2011 um 22:48 geschrieben:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 8:36 PM, Stefan Werden
> <Stefan.Werden at open-slx.de> wrote:
> > Aaron and Marco,
> >
> > great work. I'v added a power of/suspend/logout app. Currentl we need
> > something
> > like this for example for the wetab.
> >
> > I'm not shure if this is the right place, but I just added it to the
> > spreadsheed
> this seems really device specific. i suppose this is needed on the
> wetab because power management doesn't work correcty and the power
> button doesn't do what it should or there is another reason?
I think this is definitly not device specific. You need something to shutdown
you device with an touch event.
But there are more reasons:

- if you press the phyical power down button by accident, you may want to cancel
this
- if you press the power down short for example you may want to decide vor a
cold reboot, suspend or a warm start (option)
- it is easier to have at the beginning an icon, than finding out the events for
button on new devices. That may have negative impacts for AppDevelopers. They
often need to reboot for testing apps

Probably more reasons are. But it clearly makes sense to have something like
that which is configurable when it appears, even some devices we don't need it
on the display in the future. But you always need it for power down events.

Dr. Stefan Werden
Managing Director
open-slx gmbh, HRB 25876,
Einsteinring 7, 90453 Nürnberg, Germany