disable 64bit builds on OBS?

Markus Slopianka markus.s at kdemail.net
Thu Jul 7 18:32:57 CEST 2011

Am Donnerstag 07 Juli 2011, 18:02:43 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
> Hey,
>
> It strikes me that we're building all packages also for 64bits Linuxen,
> thought I doubt anybody actually has such a device. I'm planning to disable
> the 64bits builds, unless someone shouts. We could cut the CPU time needed
> for building our complete set of packages in half that way.
>
> Or is anybody actually using the 64bits packages?

Aren't there statistics available which files are actually downloaded? AFAIK OBS
automatically prioritizes builds anyway by popularity.
Anyway.... Some of Acer's Iconia tablets (at least WT1) have an AMD Fusion processor which
is x86-64, although I'm not sure if those are worth it. Final builds in 64 bit for more-
or-less normal users could be made by the distributors.