QtMobility Contacts data

Ivan Cukic ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sun Jul 3 09:33:51 CEST 2011

> > In the ivan/qtmobilityfeeder branch, I've made a part of the contour
> > daemon which feeds the data from QtMobility/Contacts to Nepomuk.
>
> is there any application that uses qtmobility for pim at all? (there was
> maybe the meego tablet mail client but that is going back to evolution
> data server afaik)

IDK, I was given a task to make it (the feeder), so I guessed it is used
by something :)

> > - avatar, thumbnail, family members, ringtones, sync targets - I think
> > we don't need those
>
> well, thumbnails would be quite important for visualizing, no?

Yes, but those are available via QtMobility - do we need to do any
searching based on the thumbnail? (I'm trying not to clone all data from
QtM to Nepomuk).

Though, it could be convenient to have them in N.

> i would really, really love you test that on meego somewhere, because
> now, to test it on meego, a live image is being done every week now, and
> that can be tested or installed in a virtual machine as well (boots in
> kde, so no hard requirement of opengl)

Last time I tried to get meego running in a VM, both VBox and QEmu failed.
I'll try to see whether this is a magic kind of image that works. :)

Cheerio

--
Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find
easier ways to do something.