QtMobility Contacts data

Ivan Cukic ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sat Jul 2 19:01:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

this mail has two parts

Part one - "Birth"

In the ivan/qtmobilityfeeder branch, I've made a part of the contour
daemon which feeds the data from QtMobility/Contacts to Nepomuk.

Currently the following data is stored in Nepomuk:
- contact label, name (prefix, suffix, first, middle, last), email addresses
(multiple), creation and modification timestamps, real address (country,
...), birthday, gender, nicknames, notes (notes you might put for a
contact to remind you from where you know him/her), tags and urls (blog,
homepage)

To be done soon:
- phone numbers, im accounts, favourite status (whether it is a favourite
contact)

Not handled:
- anniversaries - not covered in NCO
- avatar, thumbnail, family members, ringtones, sync targets - I think we
don't need those
- online presence - it changes often - for me, semantical databases are
meant for real knowledge, not something that is volatile

Things that I'm undecided on:
- organization to whoch the contact belongs
- geolocation of the contact

Part two - "The Autumn Years"

The second thing is that since I don't have a meego device, I can't really
test things here with the real data - had to make a dummy data model.

So, when I complete the tasks at hand (somewehere till the end of this
sprint), I'll need (1) someone to test this or (2) a way for me to test it
on the desktop. (I'd much prefer the second if anyone has an idea how to
emulate meego properly)

Cheerio

--
I am a spokesman for a better way of living
Love is the word and it can be heard