Active/Two stable branches

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Dec 15 18:27:32 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'd like to propose the following workflows for making bugfix updates
available. The idea is to backport 'safe' fixes to the Active/Two branch in
our packages (plasma-mobile, slc, contour, etc.), but no new features. I
basically have a similar policy in mind as for "normal" KDE SC modules with
respect to what goes in there. Bugfixes, but no new features, strings only if
the i18n team is OK with it (not entirely sure that matters already at the
moment, given the status of our translations, but we should be ready for it).

These branches should be safe to pull from at any time to create packages. I
don't think it makes a lot of sense to ship stable updates as tarball
packages, but it would still be nice to pass on the bugfixes we make to
existing users. We can tag known working combinations as Active/2.1,
Active/2.2 still, to make it a bit easier to find "known working tested"
versions.

That also means master is open for features again. Be gentle. :)

Thoughts, praise, flames, reservations?
--
sebas