Plasma Active Two is out!

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed Dec 14 16:58:02 UTC 2011

> Hi all,
>
> First of all, most humble congratulations to us all! Plasma Active Two
is out,
> and it's shiny! You've all done incredible work, and if you zoom out a
bit
> after the release stress of the past weeks, the result shows that it
paid off.

Congrats to all who made this possible from me as well!
I'm really glad we decided to focus mainly on improving what we had
instead of
trying to get new features done in a hurry. The longer release cycle for
PA 3 is much
better suited for that.

Btw: Are there plans for bugfix releases? I think with the longer release
cycle, this
would make sense. I'm really glad for the KDE SC bugfix releases as I
often wouldn't want
to wait for the next major release to get the fix for an annoying bug.

I'm really looking forward to designing stuff for PA 3! :)