More Plasma Active tasks for Google Code-In?

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed Dec 7 19:53:03 UTC 2011

Hi all,
there is a second wave of tasks for Google Code-In starting on December 16th.
I have not created any PA-related tasks for this wave yet, but seeing that the
results from the first wave so far were not bad, I'd say we should do some PA
tasks for the second wave as well.
The following types of tasks are possible:

- Code
- Documentation
- Outreach
- User Interface
- Research
- Training
- Translation
- Quality Assurance

I think we can come up with some more tasks of which the results may actually
be of use for us. I don't know if our code is easy enough for a schoolkid to
get into in a few days (you developers know that better), but at least stuff
like QA, translation, creating training or promotion materials, documentation
or research could be doable.
Have a look at http://community.kde.org/GoogleCodeIn/2011/Ideas for
inspiration.
If you have an idea but don't have the time to write up a full task and/or no
time to mentor, just tell me and I can do the rest (well, except for mentoring
of Code tasks ;)

For motivation, I just got this reply from the one who completed the second
task:
"Hi, Thomas

Thanks for the help on the task  Are there going to be any tasks similar
to this after 16th, because I really enjoyed this"

Regards,
Thomas