Image, 5. 12.

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Dec 6 10:40:02 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, December 6, 2011 11:28:38 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> [...]

until we declare the software "complete", then yes, from time to time more
significant changes will happen and those kinds of changes bring chaos and
breakage.

> I read in this list about
> the plan to have an "always stable master", testing bigger changes in
> branches and only merging back to master when they work. Of course the

we have to test those branches. they don't become stable on their own. so
while we may end up with an "always stable master", our team will likely be
using the integration branch which will not always be stable. so people
outside the team will be more insulated from these effects, but we won't. it's
the price of being on the devel team :)

> I don't think anyone on the team lost their positivity and optimism at any

there was definitely some overly blown concern expressed and it was felt by
some of the developers. and i'm not pointing fingers at individuals here, this
is a team dynamic that we all need to improve together.

humru othro a kohnu se