opening the video in the welcome plasmoid

Fania Bremmer fania.bremmer at basyskom.com
Tue Dec 6 09:18:41 UTC 2011

Am 05.12.2011 20:34, schrieb Marco Martin:
> Hi all,
> a thing discussed in a recent telco was to go from playing the video
> inline to open it in bangarang due to the concern of the video being
> really too small, tried it (almost oneliner patch) sooo:
>
> pro:
> the video gets fulscreen, actually understandable what happens
>
> con:
> bangarang has a not negligible load time, so waiting for it really
> disrupts the experience, where loading the video with the old method
> was *instant*
>
> comments? :)

how does it play currently in that thumbnail format? is there a
possibility to play it fullscreen with this implementation as well? ->
ok, I guess then all the
elements like pause/play are missing, correct?

can we preload it in bangarang while starting the introduction activity?
I guess there is a high chance that every user will watch the video in
the first run anyways.