Planning Release Plasma Active Two

Fania Bremmer fania.bremmer at basyskom.com
Mon Dec 5 16:00:54 UTC 2011

Ok, so here is an update to the task list and responsibilities as we
talked about it in our last telco:

> *
> Tasks Release Plasma Active Two*
>

> Integration

Release Manager: Javier
>  - tarballs of
>     * plasma-mobile
>     * share-like-connect
>     * kactivities
>     * declarative-plasmoids
>     * kde-artwork-active
>  - patches that apply cleanly to 4.7.2 for
>      * kdelibs
>      * kde-workspace
>      * kde-runtime
> - Smaller Update of installation instructions
Javier
> - Images with instructions how to run / install
Javier, Maurice
> - How will PA One users get the update information and a possibility
> to install the update?
no elegant solution yet.

- Release Notes: Javier
- Default Nepomuk Data (preconfigured activities, like the last time,
with new video and new time settings in the introduction activity):
Maurice and Marco

> Communication:
> ---------------------------------
>  - Update website at plasma-active.org
>     * text
>     * screenshots
>     * video
Only screenshots, video and first paragraph will be updated: Fania
providing material plus text, Marco updates the HTML and uploads it

> - announcement text for
>     * www.kde.org
>     * dot.kde.org
Both: Aaron

>  - screenshots / media along with texts: Screenshots, video
Fania
>  - Update intro video to include with packages / image
Fania is filming, Javier edititing/cutting

>  - Update wiki: http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active
>     * Update Beginner's FAQ: Thomas?
>     * Release Notes for PA2: Javier
>     * Devices: Maurice?
>     * Key Features
>     * which pages also...?
Please, everyone: who can update wiki pages? Volunteers step forward!

>  - reviewer's guide, press kit
Sebas, this one is for you - is that ok?

>  - list of recipients: press channels etc
Same here, sebas, you did a great job the last time...

> Message
> ---------------------------------
>  - in which channels do we want to communicate?
>  - what are the main, new features, we want to proclaim?
>     - recommendations
>     - performance improvement
>     - cross device, cross plattform: running on tegra2, archos, N950...
>     - .... etc
Aaron already activated a thread about this... so please answer to his
mails.

Thanks everybody,
Fania