Adding applications to Contour

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 22:08:55 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Ivan Cukic <ivan.cukic at kde.org> wrote:

>> i would go for either the first or second option for now..
>
> For now, I'd go for 2 - seems less hassle than the two others.
>
> The third one is something that we should do at some point as well.

in the end gone for the one that i think is the most elegant:
rewritten the apps dataengine to be a bit more efficient and to be
flexible enough to do what i need, in that dialog -and- in the
applications launcher, that will be ported to that as well.
will write a krunner dataengine as well, this will make possible to
have the application launcher as pure qml (and probably a simple
package rather than a plasmoid/containment)

yay for less C++ ;)

Cheers,
Marco MArtin