Merge of some consolidation stuff and staging on build.pub.meego.com

Maurice de la Ferte Maurice.Ferte at basyskom.de
Mon Aug 15 10:48:41 UTC 2011

Hi all,

it was really nice to meet some of you on the desktop summit in Berlin
last week. Please note, to prevent for duplicated work please take a
look to 'home:mdfe:Project:KDE:Experimental' before you update stuff on
'Project:KDE:Devel'. I'm planning do merge a lot of changes form
'home:mdfe:Project:KDE:Experimental' into 'Project:KDE:Devel'
in 'build.pub.meego.com' the next days. Here a big picture about
changes I liked to merge:

- Change OBS package names to upstream repository package names
  (e.g. kde4-filesystem --> kde-filesystem and kdebase-runtime -->
   kde-runtime ... ).
- Update several packages to latest tarball release versions.
- Overhaul kde macro defines in kde4-filesystem and usage in depending
  packages.
- Overhaul several packages via meego 'spectacle' by adding yaml and
  generated spec files (A short step by step how to is in progress).

Please note, this changes will break the build of some existing packages
on 'Project:KDE:Devel'. I plan to make them build again as soon as possible,
but your help is welcome. To prevent for duplicated work please take a look
to 'home:mdfe:Project:KDE:Experimental' before you update stuff on
'Project:KDE:Devel'.

Im also planning to add inital packages from 'home:mdfe:Project:KDE:Experimental'
to 'Project:KDE:Trunk' and 'Project:KDE:Trunk:Testing' OBS staging projects.
By this we are able to start with some 'quality assurance' in a common meego way.
This mean we have to integrate/update our development stuff to 'Project:KDE:Devel'
like before, if time is ripe somebody updates packages on 'Project:KDE:Trunk:Testing'
via 'osc submitrequest' (By this step it is always a good idea to write a qualified
changelog). After that we can take the 'Project:KDE:Trunk:Testing' project for testing
(e.g building image, unit tests whatever). If all wents fine and nobody of us is
against this changes, we can update the 'Project:KDE:Trunk' by 'osc submitrequest'
from 'Project:KDE:Trunk:Testing' again.

  Project:KDE:Devel <--> Project:KDE:Trunk:Testing --> Project:KDE:Trunk

Maybe it is a bit of overhead but on meego its best practise and in my opinion we
need some kind of staging repositories if we want to bunch our work on one meego
KDE OBS development project. Annotations are badly welcome.

Cheers

Maurice