I'm totally pumped !

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Tue Apr 12 23:31:10 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 12 Apr 2011 23:25:42 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday, April 12, 2011 23:08:07 Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > > I don't know of any plans to do daily builds for Fedora.
> >
> > What if I did them ?
>
> Why not? :)
>
> > What are the dependencies like against Fedora F14/KDE 4.6.2 and Qt
> > 4.7.2 ?
>
> You'll also need kdelibs and kde-runtime from master, and for runtime the
> plasma/declarative branch (see build instructions on the wiki) at
> http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Development
>
> > What I am wondering is if there is a way to build it as packages that
> > can be installed on production F14/F15 boxes such that it gets exposure
> > and testing from regular people ?

If you're a Fedora packager it would be very easy to add fedora specfiles to
our Build Service project (KDE:Active) and let it create F14/F15 repos.  The
advantage to doing this in the Build Service as opposed to you locally or in
Koji is that all distro packages would stay in sync as we let OBS pull the
sources from git.

Will