I'm totally pumped !

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 23:08:07 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-12 at 22:57 +0200, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday, April 12, 2011 18:08:06 Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > I am _so_ happy to see the inception of Plasma Active.   I've been
> > waiting for something like this for a while now.
>
> Cool =)
>
> > For the longest time I had my hopes pinned on Meego, but...
>
> Plasma Active and MeeGo are not orthogonal, but complementary. We're working
> on packages to make it easy running Plasma Active on MeeGo.
>
> > I ordered a Dell Inspiron Duo last week.  I should arrive any day now.
> > http://www.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/global/products/landing/en/in
> > spiron?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn
> >

> > I'm a longtime Fedora user.   Any chance that a repository with (daily?)
> > builds could be set up ?  I'll provide testing and bug reports, maybe a
> > video or two as well.
>
> I don't know of any plans to do daily builds for Fedora.

What if I did them ?

What are the dependencies like against Fedora F14/KDE 4.6.2 and Qt
4.7.2 ?

What I am wondering is if there is a way to build it as packages that
can be installed on production F14/F15 boxes such that it gets exposure
and testing from regular people ?

I don't have time to do a live release against Fedora, but I would have
time to build the packages if the dependencies will support it.

I'd love to see something for Meego too.  I have an N900 as well.