Kontact Touch packaging (was Re: Source)

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Sun Apr 10 09:52:00 CEST 2011

On Sunday 10 Apr 2011 09:08:45 Volker Krause wrote:
> On Saturday 09 April 2011 18:32:53 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > On Saturday 9 April 2011 18:12:00 Sascha Manns wrote:
> > > i want to try to package Kontact Touch for KDE:Active.
> > > [...]
> > > Maybe you guys knowing more?
> >
> > It's in the kdepim repo like the regular kontact. The current openSUSE
> > kdepim packaging doesn't seem to pick it up ATM though. Maybe that's a
> > change which would be worth for the regular openSUSE packages as well (at
> > least to allow people to test Kontact Touch on desktops).
>
> there is a small problem with that though, while most of the UI is indeed
> separate for Kontact Touch and the desktop version, in some places it's
> changed with a compile-time switch (KDEPIM_MOBILE_UI IIRC), which might be
> undesired since it also alters the desktop version UI.

This is why we didn't pick it up yet.

I have linked KDE:Unstable:SC kdepim* to KDE:Active so we can build it there
without interfering with the regular packages.  It is currently building in
KDE:Active kdepim4 and kdepim4-runtime

The changes I made to enable it are

https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff?commit=2&linkrev=base&package=kdepim4&project=KDE%3AActive
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff?commit=2&linkrev=base&package=kdepim4-
runtime&project=KDE%3AActive

Sascha, I've given you maintainership - can you make the filelist changes
resulting from the different build to the packages.  The shortcut would be to
find the packages in the correct Meego OBS instance and use their specfiles
for inspriation.  Bonus points if you do it using conditionals so that we can
fold the changes back up to the main openSUSE kde packages' specfiles.

Will