[Uml-user] Class language

张钰彦 zhangyy at cmail.cn
Mon May 23 08:49:04 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 05:54:37PM +0100, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
Re:On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 03:52:54PM +0800, ?????? wrote:
Re:> 	I am using Umbrello design tool in a project.
Re:> 	This project uses three languages, C99, Java and Perl.
Re:> 	There is an "Active Language" in Umbrello, but it's scope is the
Re:> 	whole project.
Re:>
Re:> 	So, Is that possible to add one more system property to Umbrello
Re:> 	class -- which language the class is using?
Re:
Re:Hmm, tricky.  Well submit a request to bugs.kde.org but I wouldn't
Re:expect it to happen any time soon.
Re:
Re:> 	Furthermore, in some projects, a module/class would be written in a
Re:> 	dynamic language such as perl/python, and then re-written in Java or
Re:> 	C99. In this case, UML design does not change.
Re:> 	I mean, a certain class in UML design may use different programming
Re:> 	languages in different cases. So, I think this should be supported
Re:> 	in Umbrello, right?
Re:
Re:Well you can change the generated language any time you want, if I
Re:understand you correctly.
Re:
Re:Jonathan Riddell

This question is based on the last one.
I mean, in a single XMI, some classes would be generated as Java code when the other would be generated as Perl code.
Seems it is not possible at this time.

Re:
Re:
Re:This SF.Net email is sponsored by Oracle Space Sweepstakes
Re:Want to be the first software developer in space?
Re:Enter now for the Oracle Space Sweepstakes!
Re:http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7412&alloc_id=16344&op=click
Re:Uml-user mailing list
Re:umbrello at kde.org