[Uml-user] (forw) Umbrello - Sequence Diagram

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Wed Nov 17 00:35:05 UTC 2004

----- Forwarded message from Steve G <linux_4ever at yahoo.com> -----

From: Steve G <linux_4ever at yahoo.com>
Subject: Umbrello - Sequence Diagram
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:59:42 -0800 (PST)
To: seb_stein at gmx.de

Hi,

I am very happy to see a tool like Umbrello. Professional tools like this will
help Open Source Software in many ways.

I ran across an issue with sequence diagrams that I was wanting to ask about.
According to UML, you can have a call that instantiates an object, sends messages
to it, and then destructs the object. I can't find a way to model instantiation.

Normally, for instantiation, you connect the arrow to the instance name instead
of the vertical dashed line and you don't get a life-line for that call.

I was also curious about the future direction of the project. I looked all over
the web site and all I saw was something about xmi compliance. Are there plans to
round out the tool in other areas? For example, generating collaboration diagrams
from a sequence diagram? (This is useful for locating circular dependencies.)

Thanks,
-Steve Grubb

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com

----- End forwarded message -----

--
http://www.hpfsc.de/ - die Seite rund um:
Assembler, Bundeswehr, TFT LCDs, Halle/Saale, Fahrradtouren, Neuseeland,