[umbrello-devel] QtModeling and Umbrello

Ralf Habacker ralf at habacker.de
Thu Aug 13 21:30:41 UTC 2015

Am 13.08.2015 um 19:55 schrieb Sandro Andrade:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 10:16 AM, Ralf Habacker <ralf at habacker.de> wrote:
>> Am 13.08.2015 um 11:33 schrieb Ralf Habacker:
>>
>> /home/qt/src/qtmodeling/src/modeling/qmodelingobject_p.h:45:31: fatal error:
>> private/qobject_p.h: No such file or directory
>>
>> #include "private/qobject_p.h"
>>
>> Got it - qtmodeling requires private headers from qt which are supported on
>> opensuse by the 'libqt5-qtbase-private-headers-devel' package. For Windows
>> there is currently no such package available.
For the record: On opensuse the private headers are also available in
the mingw32-libqt5-qtbase-devel package for cross compiling windows builds.

>> Because qtmodeling depends on qt internals it is required to recompile
>> qtmodeling with every new qt release, which increases required support.
> Yes, that's because it extends some features from QObject. KF5 also requires
> qt's private headers. Getting rid of that would imply in some undesired overhead
> when creating private classes in pimpl implementations.
I understand.
>> Also it looks that there are no public binary packages (at least on
>> opensuse), which makes distribution builds.more complicated.
> I used to be some QtModeling packages being created in OBS. I can
> bring they back if you find it useful.
yes, It would be nice to see how you packaged it and if it is better as
the one I did at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:rhabacker:branches:KDE:Qt54/libqt5-qtmodeling,
which is based on a recent libqt5-... package and could be easily ported
to a mingw32|64 related package for cross compiling windows builds.
While setup the package I recognized that QtModeling do not use a
version management, which would help to build packages. I used a fake
version of 0.9.0

Cheers
Ralf