Using Tellico do make a website

Bruno Cornec bruno at musique-ancienne.org
Mon Mar 11 11:43:51 GMT 2024

Hello José,

My answers below:

José Marcio Martins da Cruz said on Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 10:34:33AM +0100:
>D'acc. I've forked it.

\o/ !

>It's a very nice complement to tellico. If Robbie is reading me, maybe
>he could put a link to tellico2html in the Tellico web site...

I'm all for it ;-)

>* when creating tmpl directory, put inside some required files :
>Header.tt, Footer.tt and index.tt. tellico2html rants if they aren't
>there.

Yes. The way I use it is with a .tellico2htmlrc file in my home dir
containing:
---
   outdir: /home/bruno/Perso/Data/www
   sharedir: /usr/share/tellico
   tmpldir: /home/bruno/prj/tellico2html/examples

The last directory being my upstream git example dir. THat's to make
*my* life easy, but indeed that could be largely improved !

>* the same with some style.css file. If tellico2html finds it, use it. If not, do the current way.

Do what you think is useful here as I have not played at all with css.

>* allow multiple collections to use the same template. In my case, I
>have three collections of books. All of them can use the same
>template. A solution to this is to add a configuration option in
>.tellico2htmlrc file telling which template to use. If this
>configuration isn't found, do as it's done today.

Yep, sounds good.
Feel free to do PR when you're ready.

Greetings,
Bruno.