Problem selecting and editing an entry in a Music Collection

J. Allen Crider software-eng at cridermcdowellfamily.com
Thu Jan 25 03:18:53 GMT 2024

I'll add a few observations that may be related that I've noticed with
my music collection of ~9000 albums (CDs, vinyl, and digital).

If I double-click on an entry in the left hand panel, it will always
open that entry for editing, even though it may not change the display
in either right hand panel.

Until about two or three versions ago, if I clicked on an entry in the
upper right panel, it would display in the lower right panel, and then
selecting an entry in the left hand panel would update the lower right
panel.

My process for entering CDs is to rip the disc to my computer and use
"Import Audio File Metadata" to add the album to my collection in
Tellico.  I also use "Import Audio File Metadata" to add digital albums.
  I then edit the imported entry/entries to add a cover and fill in any
additional data I want to add which was not in the metadata.  When I do
an import, all groups in the left hand panel are collapsed and I have to
select an entry in the upper right panel before selecting an entry in
the left hand panel will result in the lower right panel being updated
to my selection.

For the last two or three versions of Tellico, I have noticed a
significant slow down when working on my music collection, although I
haven't noticed a similar problem with my video collection which has
over 26,000 entries.  The primary slow downs are in updating the lower
right panel, which can take several minutes (depending on how long
Tellico has been open), and in opening and displaying the Import
Directory pop-up when I select "Import Audio File Metadata".

Allen Crider