Using Tellico do make a website

Jared Breland jbreland at legroom.net
Fri Feb 23 14:54:33 GMT 2024

On 2/22/24 10:58, José Marcio Martins da Cruz wrote:
> When I go to a bookstore, sometimes I need to check if a book I'm
> thinking to buy I don't have it already... ;-) So, the web pages need
> to be consultable in a smartphone.
>
>> I also thought to write a script to use the data saved in Tellico
>> (probably in CSV) to generate a static website....
>> :)
>
> A static site is better and easier to do. The only reason to use a CMS
> software is to be able to render in a smartphone display.
>
> The interest of directly use the *.tc file instead of csv dump is that
> you don't need to do manual operations like launching tellico, dumping
> it and launching an external script to do the job. If it's ok for you,
> why not ?

I do the same thing regarding checking my collection from stores.  I
find a limited CSV export (visible fields only) w/ an app capable of
rendering CSV as a spreadsheet provides a better experience on my
phone.  I periodically export my collections and have a sync client on
my phone that copies them to the phone for local viewing.

It's not ideal, but best I could come up with.  The (large) html exports
were slow to load, and searching more clunky than just searching the CSV
for whatever reason.

Fingers crossed for a Tellico for Android at some point in the future.  :-)

--
Jared Breland
jbreland at legroom.net
https://www.legroom.net/