beginners questions - grouping

Daniel Calcoen daniel.calcoen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 15:56:11 BST 2023

Thanks Roby

I get it.

I was seeing Filter like a partial Search.

For the moment it is enough for me.

If one day you revisit that part I guess that is more intuitive that the
main view only shows the outcome of the selected grouping and on that
subset you do the filter/search.

Actually if you right click on a grouping folder and use "Filter by
Group" this disables you to Filter (search) directly in that subset. If
you write on the Filter dialogue, the "Filter by Group" disappears and
what is written overrides and applies as Filter to all. Yes, you can
create a more complex filter but it is less intuitive.

One extra help to guide the users could be to show the "Filters" tab
even if there is no filter saved and add "create filter" in its pop-menu.

I didn't realise this tab existed, until I saw it by chance in the
screen-capture shown in the repository, because it is not mentioned in
the menus (View nor Collection nor Settings)

all of this are minimal details ... your application is great and I most
than happy using it! great job :)

Regards

Daniel