Scanning book ISBN numbers using Android phone

Alex Humberstone alex.m.humberstone at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 01:37:56 GMT 2021

Dear Tellico Community,

I am new to Tellico, but I am a long-time KDE user. I'm really impressed
with Tellico, it's exactly what I was looking for, to help me manage my
large technical book collection, and I thank you all for your work on this
software.

I started my entering books into Tellico, and a question came to my mind. I
have like around 200 books. It is very tedious to enter each ISBN number
one-by-one. I'm wondering if instead there's a way to scan the ISBN
barcodes on the back of the books, either with some scanner device, or
ideally just with my Android phone.

Please let me know your ideas and suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sincerely,
Alex-M-Humberstone
PhD Student
Klipsch School of Electrical Engineering
New Mexico State University (NMSU)
Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA