CSV export issue

Jared list-tellico at legroom.net
Sun Sep 20 03:38:43 BST 2020

On 9/19/20 7:59 PM, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> I'll check into this to figure out what's going on. For a paragraph
> field with embedded line breaks, I'll have to muse on the best
> behavior - how should Tellico handle that? Remove the line breaks?

I would think just encoding the linebreaks would be the best approach.
Even what it does today, using <br/><br/> to represent the new lines,
works perfectly fine - anything intelligent enough to parse HTML can
insert those line breaks when read, but the data itself remains on a
single line in the CSV.

The problem seems to be that that approach is not consistently applied,
for whatever reason.  The vast majority of my items export correctly,
but for whatever reason Tellico seems to render the <br/>'s as actual
newlines on a handful of them.  I can't find a pattern that might
explain it.

If it'd be helpful for troubleshooting, I can share a copy of my
collection so you can easily replicate.

--
Jared