Recovery from disaster!

Peter Mayes peter at petermayes.org
Sat Aug 11 22:44:52 BST 2018

I recently had a disaster. My backup scripting was supposed to be
idiot-proof, but I clearly under-estimated myself! My Tellico files
disappeared :-(

However, I do have an HTML export from around a year ago, and I haven't
acquired that many CDs since.

I guess what I am thinking of doing is converting the output into CSV,
and re-importing back into Tellico.

I have "music_collection.html" and "music_collection_files/".

"music_collection_files" contains 1173 HTML files, and 713 JPEG files
(the front covers).

The HTML files contain all the individual track information.

I realise this is going to be quite a task, but I am competent with Unix
tools like vi, emacs, sed, grep, awk, etc. And I can also do scripting
in bash, perl, Python (a bit).

So what I am after are some hints and tips about how best to go about
this task.

If anybody is mad enough to want to have a go themselves, most likely
with a very small subset, my music collection can be found at

http://petermayes.org/MUSIC/music_collection.html

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--

Best wishes -- Peter