[Tellico-users] One small annoyance with tellico

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon Oct 1 14:07:47 UTC 2012

On 09/30/2012 04:01 AM, Bruno Cornec wrote:
> Sometimes when importing CDs from FreeDB, when there are multiple discs in
> the set, tellico import *all* tracks of all CDs in each CD, instead of
> just taking the ones related to the current CD.
>
> I just made again an import with the Giulio Cesare of Minkowski (3 CDs)
> and got 82 tracks with text, and only the first one with duration.

I can check that. Having an example is good. Can you do a search on
freedb.org and let me know what the disc ID is for that set? Is it this
one? http://www.freedb.org/freedb/misc/180c5912 With the Disc ID, I can
debug it easier.

> Looking at it, it seems yjay yellico uses the Musicbrain entry, and not
> the FreeDB one (which doesn't contain the same text BTW) to fill the
> content.
>
> Should I disable MusicBrain to avoid that ? Is it an expected behaviour
> ?

I don't think it's tied to MusicBrainz, but it's been a while since I
wrote that code, so maybe I forgot what I did. Tellico does read the
CDText as well as query Freedb, so if the disc has cdtext, then it gets
read.