[Tellico-users] Tellico questions - data files back up, scaling & isbn lookup

Stephan Debelle stephan.debelle at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 19:50:46 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am new to this list so forgive me if these questions have already been
asked but I could not seem to find the answer on the kde forums.  I am
volunteering for a school (non-profit) and we are using almost exclusively
Open Source software.  After looking a few options such as Koha & Evergreen
to manage the School's library collection, I stumbled onto Tellico and have
been very impressed with the ease of use and capabilities.

I am currently testing v 2.3.1 on Ubuntu 10.10 and it works well, we
scanned a few books at random and imported the ISBN into tellico and were
able to populate most of the books data using isbn.com or amazon.

The questions I have:

1- Tellico not being DB driven, which directories are storing the
collection data so I can include them in the backup?

2- The school has a collection of approximately 10,000 books, will tellico
be able to scale and handle this volume?

3- The school being a French billingual school, many of the books have been
purschased in France.  While the ISBN lookup works fine and configured for
Amazon & isbn.com I still have a good % of books not getting any data.  I
was wondering if anyone could suggest another source to configure for books
originating from France?

4- Some books have multiple copies, I could not find a field set up to
indicate the number of copies?  While I configured a new field for this
purpose, the check out process only sees 1 copy and therefore the other
copies are not available for checkout.  The work around seems to be to
create a duplicate of the book but I am wondering if there is a better way
of handling this?

Thank you in advance!

--
Stephan