[Tellico-users] Tellico crash when opening old custom created database files

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Wed Jul 28 03:07:28 UTC 2010

Hi Michael,

On Sunday 25 July 2010, Michael Guimet Pekszyc wrote:
> First of all, I wish to thank you for the extremely useful application
> Tellico is. I use it everywhere from quote database to job search
> application database and I have been using it for a rather long time.

Great!

> Unfortunately, I have a reproducible crash bug using Kububtu 10.04 and
> KDE 4.4.2 and Tellico 2.2. If you believe I should report this problem
> elsewhere, don't hesitate to tell me the most suitable place to report
> these kind of problems.

Nope, this is the perfect place.

> When opening one of my old Tellico databases I get to see it for a
> minute and then the program crashes. Please note other Tellico files
> open perfectly. The database is a custom database (Quotes). The
> backtrace I get from KDE is not very good, however I have attached it
> to the end of the message. I have tried to find what debug packages I
> have to install in order to give you better feedback without much
> success.

I appreciate your taking the time to report the crash. I try hard to make
Tellico an application that doesn't crash. :)

Unfortunately, you're right, there's not enough info in the backtrace to
figure out exactly what is going on.  I think you need the tellico-dbg
package, but there doesn't appear to be one in the package list I looked at.

Failing that, if you don't mind, you could send me the collection file
privately, and I could see if I could reproduce the crash.