[Tellico-users] Re: two patches for sorting

Andrew Bennett drewbenn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 07:09:49 UTC 2010

Hi Robby,

> attached file 'sortmult.diff' loops through all the values, so that,

I added some unit tests and tweaked your patch just a bit, but just
> committed it. You're right about the ordering for empty strings. I'm not
> sure why I did it that way, so I did reverse it to be consistent with
> strings.

Thank you.  I'm glad you wrote the unit tests: I looked at the tests you
committed but I don't understand how they work.  I hope they weren't too
much trouble!

> order in the group view.  The attached file 'sortgroups.diff' is a bit
>
> I see what you mean. I think your approach works well enough. I'm going to
> poke at it a bit more myself, but I'll certainly fix that sorting in the
> group view.

Thank you again!
I saw that you've already committed the changes; I was glad to see that you
found a good way to re-use the field type checking.

There are quite a lot of compiler warnings for some of the old internal c

 libraries I use, like btparse and pilotdb. Occasionally I think about
> fixing
> them up, but since they're old and crusty anyways, it's not worth the
> effort.

Makes perfect sense.

use it. I develop on 64-bit opensuse, so I don't know if there's anything

Neat, that's what I run at work :)

Andrew

---
Drew Bennett