[Tellico-users] Tellico 2.3 upcoming

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sun Aug 1 20:41:39 UTC 2010

On Saturday 31 July 2010, Derek Tombrello wrote:
> I'm sorry.. one more
thing. When you delete an entry the ID numbers stay
> the same, so there
are gaps in the numbering system. Is there any way to
> renumber them so
that it is sequential?

Not right now, unless you edited the file
directly. And I'd have to think about whether I'd want to add that
function to the interface, I always think  of record numbers like database
ID values, which never change, even if a row is removed.

Why does that
gap in numbering become important? I'm guessing you use the numbering for
other things and want a continuous system?