[Tellico-users] Sorting book titles

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sat Oct 10 18:40:24 UTC 2009

On Friday 09 October 2009, D. Neve wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a simple question for you, please.  I'm using Tellico 1.3.5
> (using KDE 3.5.10) under Gnome on a Ubuntu 9.04 installation.  When I
> display the titles the articles "The" and "Le" are not sorted apart from
> the main title of the book and this makes finding a book extremely
> difficult and tedious.
>
> This happens even though I have these words listed in the "Formatting
> Options" section of the "Cofiguration" section of Tellico.  The only
> workaround I have found is to go into "General Options" and delete a
> word, then click "OK" and _usually_ this causes the file to reload
> properly.  Why is this, am I doing something wrong, and if so, what can
> I do to change it?

I'm not sure why you have to use that workaround. From your description, the
sorting should work as you expect. I don't remember there being a bug about
that.

The title field has to have "Format as a Title" turned on, for the sorting
to work that way, so check that. And then the "Auto format titles and names"
option in the settings has to be on, but you mentioned that one already.