[Tellico-users] Music data base, some (25%) UPC not recognized

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sun Nov 1 00:14:09 UTC 2009

On Friday 23 October 2009, Axel Gerber wrote:
> Hi Robby,
>

> Your response time is tough... :-) I am used to time delays but now I
> need to ask you, where are you located to feedback like this? West USA?

Yes, outside Los Angeles.

> B)
> Also this dialog sometimes ask me stupid things since the title can be
> found Just now (see attached) it asks me something where I don't now the
> right answer (none of them sound familiar to me and by title rather than
> artist I cannot find it here) but if I would have a thumbnail of the
> cover in this window would be extremely helpful (also when it asks me for
> three or four diff. issues of the same CD I would remmeber the cover to
> make the right choice)

During an update by title, if the amazon search returns multiple results,
none of which have a match score high enough to determine which one is the
correct one to update, then that dialog pops up to allow you to choose. If
none of those are what you are updating, then it looks like Amazon can't
tell.

> I don't want only to request. This software is so much what I need, I
> really want to contribute something. So what ever you want me to test.

Just trying to figure out what Amazon considers a value ItemID/UPC/EAN. It
should be eiterh 12 or 13 digits, but some of the 10-digit values work. Very
confusing...