TagLib 1.5 Release

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 08:38:36 CET 2008

Hi all,

On Št, 2008-02-21 at 03:13 +0100, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> TagLib 1.5 is out.  A rundown of major changes, as well as the source,
> is available at:
>
> http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/taglib.html
>
> There's a Mac OS framework linked at the bottom of the page.  I'll post
> Windows binaries as soon as Lukáš has a chance to build them.

Sorry for the delay, busy week... :(

Windows binaries for MinGW and MSVC are on:

http://ftp.musicbrainz.org/pub/musicbrainz/users/luks/taglib/

Building a custom version with different compilers or compiler settings
is quite simple with CMake. If anybody there are any problems with it,
just post them to the list and I'll try to help.

> As always, file any bug reports that you happen to run into in the bug
> tracker.  As there are specifically a couple things that I intend to
> implement (wav / aiff support as well as support for ID3v2 tags in RIFF
> chunks) I expect a 1.5.1 (or 1.6) to be much faster in coming around
> this time.

Now that 1.5 is out and I already had one person asking me to sync
taglib.ext with 1.5/SVN, I was wondering whether you would be ok with
adding the MP4 and ASF code from there to SVN. I know you didn't want
that for possible legal and other issues, but, honestly, the code is
already being used various applications and I've never heard of any
problems from them. Having all the code in a central repository would
make it much easier for me to maintain.

Lukas