taglib limit?

Scott Horowitz stonecrest at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 00:44:30 CET 2007

I apologize in advance if this is actually related to tagpy and not
taglib. However, I'm using tagpy's python bindings for taglib and I've
run up against a really strange thing. Whenever I try to create
FileRef()'s for a lot of files, I run up against a limit of 1017
files, where every file after this limit starts spewing out things
like:

TagLib: Could not open file /home/stonecrest/music/Joni
Mitchell/1994_Turbulent Indigo/08 - Borderline.ogg
TagLib: Ogg::File::packet() -- Could not find the requested packet.
TagLib: Vorbis::File::read() - Could not find the Vorbis comment header.
TagLib: Could not open file /home/stonecrest/music/Joni
Mitchell/1994_Turbulent Indigo/09 - Yvette in English.ogg
TagLib: Ogg::File::packet() -- Could not find the requested packet.
TagLib: Vorbis::File::read() - Could not find the Vorbis comment header.
TagLib: Could not open file /home/stonecrest/music/Joni
Mitchell/1994_Turbulent Indigo/10 - The Sire of Sorrow (Job's Sad
Song).ogg
TagLib: Ogg::File::packet() -- Could not find the requested packet.
TagLib: Vorbis::File::read() - Could not find the Vorbis comment header.

The files are certainly there, and if I try to load them by themselves
they work fine. Again, the first 1017 files work fine, the rest fail.

Thanks for any guidance, this is a great tool.

Scott