[taglib] lyrics support

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Mon Jun 12 23:13:45 CEST 2006

On Monday 12 June 2006 21:49, you wrote:
> hi wheeler!
>
> maybe you could add this patch to your taglib sources, this patch adds
> support for lyrics to the whole taglib library.
>
> ID3v1: no lyrics support possible
> ID3v2: support as provided in specs
> APE: added LYRICS tag (no lyrics support in specs, but a LYRICS tag
> doesn't affect others)
> XIPH: same as in APE
>
> thanks a lot!

Unfortunately adding virtual methods to the base classes is not binary
compatible, so there are parts of the patch that I can incorporate, but some
of them will have to wait until the next major version (2.0).

Two other notes:

- Generally it's preferable to send patches to the list rather than my
personal address so that other people involved in / using TagLib can see and
potentially review them

- If you're generating patches, it's usually better to work with the TagLib
version from Subversion since that's more up to date.  There are instructions
on the TagLib homepage for how to check out the subversion sources.

Thanks for the patch!

Cheers,

relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
--Richard Feynman