[rkward-users] 'rk.show.question' is deprecated.

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Sun Jan 23 21:47:50 GMT 2022

Hi,

On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 12:02:35 +0100
Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek at opensuse.org> wrote:
> And then regardless if clicking Yes or No I get in R console
> Warning message:
> 'rk.show.question' is deprecated.
> Use 'rk.askYesNo' instead.
> See help("Deprecated")

thanks for reporting. I addressed that in the development version, so
if you are using the daily builds, this part of the problem should go
away within 24 hours.

> I tried to play with limits for storing plots in history in RKWard
> settings, but it didn't help. How to get rid of this? It's annoying...

I assume you're annoyed more by the pop than by the console warning
message. I am somewhat surprised, you are seeing it this often. Could
you, manually, run
   object.size(recordPlot())
for some of those plots, so I can get an idea, what size we are
actually talking about? Possibly, the GUIs enforced maximum size is too
strict, but I wonder by how much. BTW, setting
   options("rk.graphics.hist.max.plotsize"=size_in_kb)
will allow you to bypass the the GUI limit, for the active session.

Of course the most definite solution to the problem will be to disable
plot history, entirely, should nothing else help.