confirm 1668b6b1f9811876d30a12fb6c1d932b5ab1c44c

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Mon Apr 4 17:08:59 BST 2022

Hi!

Am Mon, 4 Apr 2022 15:33:30 +0200
schrieb Sahar Khamenei <sahar.khamenei at web.de>:
> Not sure which Mailadress is correct

You can post to the list using rkward-users at kde.org .

[...]

> > I need support following this question, thanks in advance!
> >
> > I installed R 4.1.3 for Uni on my MacBook Pro because I have OS
> > 12.0.1.  But I don't really know which RKWard version I should
> > download for this.
> >
> >   Can you tell me what version I need and where to get it?

Admittedly, the situation *is* confusing, ATM. Our latest "official"
binary for Mac (0.7.2) will not work correctly with R 4.1.3, and the
nightly build (which usually does) is currently broken. I'm actively
working on fixing both, but for the time being, the best option is to
install a snapshot taken last month:

 https://files.kde.org/rkward/snapshots/rkward-master-993-macos-64-clang.dmg

I'll write back, once the more official builds are back online
(tomorrow, I hope).

Note that the binary is signed but not notarized by Apple, which means
you will have to:
1. Ctrl+click while opening the DMG, and select "Open" after the
   warning, that Apple cannot check for malicious contents
2. Ctrl+click RKWard in Finder when starting it the first time, *again*.
   Again select "Open" after the warning.
After that RKWard can be started, normally.

> >   I've already googled, but didn't get any clear answers in the
> > limited time I have.
> >
> >   Do I just install the RKWard after R installation?

Yes (or the other way around).