[rkward-users] [Help] RE: Inserting TAB in RKward

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 10 09:39:06 UTC 2011

The following forum message was posted by tfry at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/4800433:

Hi,

[quote]How do insert a TAB character at the start of a line? The TAB key (and
ctrl-I) insert 2 spaces rather than a tab when at the beginning of a line, but
a TAB in the middle or at the end. Is there any way of making the TAB key behave
like this at the start?[/quote]

I agree the configuration options on this are pretty confusing. Do this: Open
a script window, go to Settings->Configure Editor->Editing->Indentation. You
will want to set your indentation mode to either "Tabulators" (recommended)
or "Tabulators and Spaces". For the latter option, make sure that your setting
for indentation width equals the tab width (e.g. set both to 8 characters).

[quote]Also, can I change the formatting view, so the tab identifier (>>) is
more obvious?[/quote]

In the configuration dialog, go to "Fonts & Colors". You can adjust the color
of the "Tab and space markers", there.