[rkward-users] [Help] RE: Rkward and R directory moved to another disk

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 15 17:46:08 UTC 2011

The following forum message was posted by aloboaleu at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/4101958:

After installing the daily build (from launchpad) I get this intimidating message
prior selecting any workspace:
There was a problem starting the R backend. The following error(s) occurred:
- The 'rkward' R-library either could not be loaded at all, or not in the correct
version. This may lead to all sorts of errors, from single missing features
to complete failure to function. The most likely cause is that the last installation
did not place all files in the correct place. However, in some cases, left-overs
from a previous installation that was not cleanly removed may be the cause.
You should quit RKWard, now, and fix your installation. For help with that,
see http://p.sf.net/rkward/compiling.
-There was a problem setting up the communication with R. Most likely this indicates
a broken installation.
You should quit RKWard, now, and fix your installation. For help with that,
see http://p.sf.net/rkward/compiling.
-An unspecified error occurred that is not yet handled by RKWard. Likely RKWard
will not function properly. Please check your setup.

What should I do? By now I just quit. According to Synaptic only the last version
is installed.

Agus