[rkward-users] Debugging

Luc Villandre villandl at dms.umontreal.ca
Wed May 26 19:06:30 UTC 2010

Dear Rkward users,

I have begun using Rkward very recently and thus, I am still very
unfamiliar with it. I have been trying to debug one of my functions and
I haven't been exactly very satisfied with the debugger. I find it
frustrating how, at least for now, it would seem that when the debugging
window pops up, the rest of the program freezes until the debugging
phase is over. Also, the type of display used by the debugger doesn't
allow for color coding and for an increase in the font size. Would there
be a way to change that?

Is there a way to tell the program to run the debugger in the R-terminal
window? What I would like in fact is for the program to allow me to
access the browser just as if I was running R in a regular terminal
window (outside Rkward).

I am running Rkward 0.5.3 on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04.

Thanks for your help,

Luc