[rkward-users] rkward on windows

Emmanuel Jjunju ejjunju at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 08:29:54 UTC 2009

I have been using rkward on ubuntu and it was fine. But sometimes I am
working in windows so i tried the install. First of all i noted that the KDE
installation has to be "package and not end-user".

Anyway i managed to install and use the program until I tried to save a work
space or open one.

On saving there is this error: " Saving to file '/C:/Rdir/myspace1.r'
failed. Do you want to try saving to a different filename?"
A different name, directory or file extension doesnt solve the problem.

On trying to open an existing workspace i get this error: "There has been an
error opening file '/D:/D/dscale/dscale.RData' ".

I am using Vista Premium and I have also disabled user account control at
some time but this did not work either. Does anyone have a solution to this?