[rkward-users] rkward from SVN fails to build on Debian sid

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Fri Jan 25 05:55:43 UTC 2008

> > I suspect the problem is that
> >
> >     /usr/lib/R/lib/libRblas.so
> >
> > has gone away with the upgrade to r-base-core 2.6.1-2.
>
> Yes, that causes the problem. However, the fix should be as simple as running
> the "cmake" command again, before make.

Oh, yes, I thought of this solution when I had already sent this mail
and the computer was shut down. Sorry for bothering the two of you!
I removed CMakeCache.txt from the build directory and now it compiles.

Thanks for your quick replies,

Johannes

> (Acutally we don't use any symbols from libRblas in rkward. We only link
> against it when present, as there have been strange problems with failed
> symbol lookups at runtime in the past, without this. Since Dirk is CCed:
> Maybe you have an idea on this?)
>
> Regards
> Thomas

Dr. Johannes Ranke                 jranke at uni-bremen.de     Key ID: F649AF90
UFT Bremen, Leobenerstr. 1         +49 421 218 63373
D-28359 Bremen                     http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke