KDE Gear and KF6

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Wed Mar 8 22:45:33 GMT 2023

Marc Deop i Argemí ha scritto:
> On Wednesday, 8 March 2023 23:25:36 CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> Which is exactly what I am advocating for giving them ~2 years to decide
>> when they are ready to migrate to KF6 (i.e. option 2a)
>>

> This way they can do it *whenever* they want. (I am not debating here whether
> that's good or not)

But there is no need to drop from Gear if they keep being Qt5.

I'm a bit confused, because it doesn't seem the proposal is really different:
a project could still stay Qt5 and keep being released as part of Gear in
these transition period, so that it could join the Qt6 train whenever it's
ready, but still regularly deliver fixes.
In this case, people working on the release process say that keeping the
program together is easier then dropping (and losing them from some time).

Ciao
--
Luigi