Inclusion of Haruna in KDE Gear

George Florea Banus georgefb899 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 00:51:40 BST 2021

On 18.08.2021 00:53, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dilluns, 16 d’agost de 2021, a les 20:55:25 (CEST), George Florea Banus va escriure:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like for Haruna to be included in KDE Gear.
> I would sincerely recommend that you do a few standalone releases of Haruna before including it in KDE Gear.
>
> You have not made any release yet, meaning not much people has widely tested/tried it.

Do you mean released under KDE? And tested/tried by KDE people?

Because there are releases on flathub and there are people are using it.

> If you delay the release until next KDE Gear, that's 4 months until people start seeing it and 4 months more until you can address some of the feature requests people will make that you will say "oh, why didn't i think of that?"
>
> If you do an standalone release today you can shorten the timeframe from 8 months to 2 or 3 or even less.
>
>> Initially I planed to self release, but then reading of
>> https://community.kde.org/ReleasingSoftware happened and I changed my mind.
> What made you change your mind? Doing a release it's literally a few releaseme commands.

Doesn't look like just "a few releaseme commands" to me.

Branching, tagging, uploading, sending emails (for feature freeze,
branching, announcing the release), editing other repos.