Deprecating Old Amarok Versions

Wolfgang Bauer wbauer at tmo.at
Thu Oct 3 18:02:52 BST 2019

Am Donnerstag, 3. Oktober 2019, 14:11:39 schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> It's up to distros what they do with our software, we can't control them,
> but we can make a clear recommendation.  And once the dependencies no
> longer exist in a supported way we should be responsible for the
> applications that use that deps which we ship.

My 2 cents:
If a distribution decides to no longer ship Qt4 (because it's
outdated/unmaintained), they no longer can ship software based on it anyway.

So what's the point?

OTOH, if they do still ship Qt4 and want to maintain it (for whatever reason),
they should be able to do so with other software as well that depends on it.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang