Limiting who can create v${NUMBER}.${NUMBER}.${NUMBER} tags in KDE Applications git repos

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Jul 15 04:33:19 BST 2018

Hi all,

Given that no objection has been raised to this, I have now implemented this.
All repositories in Frameworks, KDE Applications and Plasma can now
only have tags starting with the convention of vN. modified by their
respective release managers.

This has been implemented using a whitelist of release manager account
names, which is the same system we use for controlling access to
website and sysadmin repositories.

While GPG was suggested as one option, we would have to maintain a
whitelist anyway as well as maintain additional GPG code which seemed
unnecessary given their identity has already been authenticated via
their SSH Keys.

Cheers,
Ben