[kde-promo] The name of Applications 4.14 + 1

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Thu Jul 17 12:53:13 UTC 2014

On Thursday 17 July 2014 01:19:45 Albert Astals Cid wrote:

>  * My suggestion is call it "KDE Applications $YEAR.$MONTH", i.e. if we keep
> with the 4 month schedule next release would be "KDE Applications 14.12"
> and next-next "KDE Applications 15.04". It has a small problem if we slip
> the release from one month to another the name changes, but we just have to
> plan all the releases early in the release month so that even if it slips
> it still falls inside the month.

For clarification: Your suggestion is to name the release itself "KDE
Applications $YEAR.$MONTH", no all the applications, which are part of the
release. So tarball names, version numbers in about dialogs, etc. would
continue to have the known version schema 4.xx or 5.xx depending on what
version of the platform/frameworks they are using. The release name would be a
pure promo thing.

Is this correct?