KDE SC 4.11 Release Schedule

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Jan 15 22:27:53 UTC 2013

El Dimarts, 15 de gener de 2013, a les 16:30:50, Allen Winter va escriure:
> Howdy,
>
> A proposed KDE SC 4.11 Release schedule is now available at
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.11_Release_Schedule
>
> (created using toma's really useful releaseschedule program)
>
> Please review and report back any obvious problems, for example
> conflicts with conferences (i.e. Akademy).

I'd like to propose some changes for 4.11, i'd like everyone to comment

1) Drop Betas to 1
	It doesn't seem "to me" that having extra betas gives us much more quality,
so my suggestion is to drop Beta 2 and move Beta 1 to happen in Beta 2 time
(moving also Hard Freeze) which gives us 2 more weeks for feature development

2) Drop RCs to 1
	Same thing, it did not feel to me as that it gave us much, drop RC2 and RC1
one week into the future

3) Increase RC time between tag and packaging
	One day between tagging and release is crazy, let's have 5/6 days as we
have for the other releases

4) Don't release if any if the tests are failing in builds.kde.org
	If we have tests, they have to work

5) Introduce an pre-commit check after Feature freeze
	That check would look for "SCHEDULE-CHECK: bugfix" in the commit log and
reject the commit otherwise. This would fix the fact that people seem to be
commiting features and then saying "oh, but i did not read the emails you send
every month saying we are in a feature freeze so i did not know I couldn't do
this", this way at least they would be forced to say their stuff is a bugfix.

I'm not totally sure all of them are good ideas (specially 5) but I'd written
them here so we can have some discussion.