Better testing of tagged tars

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Feb 10 07:15:40 UTC 2013

On Saturday 09 February 2013 23:08:50 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Of course another option is lifting the requirement for the pre-packages not
> being publicly available, after all the packages will most likely be the
> real thing, so if everyone agrees it is better lifting this requirement, we
> can do it, the fact that *I* personally like it the way it is doesn't mean
> it's the better way.
With my bugzilla user hat on I'm afraid of that. It would mean we get bug
reports for an unreleased version. That's bound to create confusion  - we
would not be able to trust the version field any more. In case of a re-spin it
will get just worse - different tar balls with the same version information.

--
Martin Gräßlin