kdepim and kdepim-runtime version strings in KDE SC 4.8.1

Maciej Mrozowski reavertm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 20:30:40 UTC 2012

On Monday 12 of March 2012 14:38:41 Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> The version strings in the tarballs for kdepim and kdepim-runtime 4.8.1
> still say "4.8.0". At the very least this is confusing us in the bug
> triaging.
>
> I just committed fixes in the KDE/4.8 branches for
> kdepim/CMakeLists.txt  (commit 63467efd)
> kdepim-runtime/CMakeLists.txt (commit 5c55de19)
>
> It would be quite helpful if at some point the distros would push out
> updates to fix this.

@Dirk
While at this, do you use some script that makes whole 'tagging foo' or it's
based around invoking git command directly?
(I know there was one in kde-common/release for svn released stuff)

Someone could work on automating updating version strings on tagging if one
knew where to start.

--
regards
MM